To be included on the website, the BDA’s Health and Science committee must be reassured that the app’s content:
- is evidence-based
- is focused on prevention
- is in agreement with current BDA policy
- has gained NHS or PHE approval.
The committee will also want to understand whether the app collects user data or not, as well as any ethical, commercial and legal implications in supporting it.
The Health and Science Committee may decide to:
- request content updates in accordance with BDA policy and/or national standards
- decline to participate if some or all of the above criteria are not met
- support the app through providing use of the BDA’s logo with an appropriate supporting statement disclosing the nature of the support. For example: This app has been reviewed by the British Dental Association in accordance with its policies. Congratulations and thanks are given to <Member> for furthering the BDA’s aims to improve the nation’s oral health.
Apps currently approved by the BDA
My Dental Care
Submitting an app
To submit an app for approval please email email@example.com with a summary referring to the above, and a link to the app. The BDA will endeavour to respond to your request within 30 days.