Northern Ireland Dental Practice Committee
The Northern Ireland Dental Practice Committee (NIDPC) is the official representative body for General Dental Practitioners (GDPs) in Northern Ireland.
It is recognised by government as having the status and authority to negotiate on behalf of all Health Service (HS) GDPs on matters of terms and conditions of service, contracts, and remuneration in the General Dental Services (GDS).
- Representing the interests, and acting on behalf of all GDPs in Northern Ireland
- Negotiating with government on terms and conditions and remuneration for GDPs
- Formulating policy positions on issues that impact GDPs, including regulation of dental practice, increasing costs of running a dental practice, and negotiations towards a new GDS contract
- Ensuring that the views of GDPs are represented when it comes to health policy being developed by government and other key organisations
- Acting as a channel of communication between the BDA and GDPs.
Chair NIDPC Belfast/South Eastern HSCT
Vice-Chair NIDPC Belfast/South Eastern HSCT
General Dental Services Levy Fund
BDA members receive a subsistence allowance where appropriate and have their travel costs reimbursed. The Northern Ireland General Dental Services Levy Fund pays dentists sessional rates for time away on committee business. See British Dental Guild Rate for information.
Get involved and get in touch
Members are elected on a constituency basis for a three-year period and the current triennium runs from 2022 - 2025. NIDPC is always keen to ensure that the views of GDPs are represented when it comes to health policy being developed by government. NIDPC are here to represent you and encourage you to get involved in BDA activity. The NIDPC can be contacted via email: northernIrelandoffice@bda.org