Periodontal management for general dental practice
To book a place on an event you must be logged into the website
Attend an event if you don't have a BDA website ID
Email a friend
Email these event details to a friend
Contemporary periodontal management for general dental practice
London | Friday 19 May 2023
This seminar will help you understand modern concepts of periodontal disease aetiology. Learn how to assess and diagnose periodontal diseases effectively and understand the role of antimicrobials in disease control.
- To understand modern concepts of periodontal disease aetiology
- To appreciate how to assess and diagnose periodontal diseases effectively
- To understand the new classification system 2018
- To understand the S3 treatment guidelines and the implications for practice
- To understand the role of self-care in periodontal management
- To appreciate different instrumentation techniques
- To understand the role of antimicrobials in disease control.
By the end of the seminar participants will be able to:
- Discuss prognosis of periodontally-involved teeth rationally with patients
- Use BPE effectively and rapidly
- Assess periodontal patients in detail to arrive at the right diagnosis
- Instruct and motivate patients in self-care
- Perform non-surgical therapy efficiently
- Consider and plan the use of treatment adjuncts to periodontal treatment.
A lecture-based session with opportunity to ask questions to the speaker.
How to book
|**We are currently unable to accept payment by cheque and bookings by post. Therefore please book online, over the phone or email a completed booking form to firstname.lastname@example.org**|
Login / register to the BDA website
020 7563 4590
By booking form
Print, complete then return a
To book online:
Login to the BDA website first. Then use the pink 'Register' button at the top right of this page.
Please note: If you have a GDC number you can use the online system. You do not need to be a BDA member.
If you do not already have a BDA website username and password, fill in this form and we'll set you up with a username and temporary password.
If booking online, please email email@example.com with any dietary requirements.
BDA members: £245
Dental Care Professionals: £145
All costs includes refreshments and a standing buffet lunch. This event is exempt from VAT.
|09:00||Concepts of periodontal disease aetiology|
- Periodontal prognosis exercise
- Aetiology and risk factors.
|10:30||Morning refreshments and exhibition|
|11:00||How to assessment and diagnose periodontal diseases effectively|
- Periodontal assessment - screening, assessment and radiographs
- Periodontal diagnosis, including the new classification with case examples.
|12:30||Lunch and exhibition|
|13:30||Understand the S3 treatment guidelines and the implications for practice|
- Periodontal management and the S3 periodontal treatment guidelines
- Contemporary periodontal treatment.
|15:00||Afternoon refreshments and exhibition |
|15:30||How to instruct and motivate patients in self-care|
- Contemporary periodontal treatment cont'd
- Adjunctive therapies
- Understanding the value of supportive care and what that actually looks like.
|17:00||Close of seminar|
Specialist in Periodontics
Ian qualified from Leeds in 1998. He went into NHS general practice after qualifying and was a general dental practitioner for many years. During that time, though a part time teaching role at Liverpool University, he developed a passion for periodontology and concentrated his postgraduate studies and teaching activities on perio whilst maintaining a busy general practice list. This culminated in him pursuing an MSc in Periodontology and ultimately becoming the Teaching Lead in Periodontics at Liverpool University and gaining a place on the GDC Specialist List in Periodontology.
Ian continues to maintain a busy referral network on the North West working between Liverpool and Wilmslow. He has been the Honorary Editor and Webmaster for the British Society of Periodontology and lectures nationally through the UK, having spoken at most of the major UK dental conferences.
Specialist Periodontist and Immediate Past President, British Society of Periodontology and Implant Dentistry
Dr Rajan Nansi is a Specialist Periodontist, his clinical work is dedicated to periodontology and implant dentistry. He is based in the East Midlands, working within private referral practices and multi-disciplinary teams at The Campbell Clinic (Nottingham), Derby Dental Specialists and Ascent Dental Care (Loughborough). Rajan is also a lecturer on the PerioCourses team.
Rajan is the Immediate Past President of the British Society of Periodontology and Implant Dentistry (BSP) and is on the BSP Faculty. He has previously served on BSP Council and was the inaugural Chairman of the Society’s Early Career Group.
British Dental Association
64 Wimpole Street
London W1G 8YS
Please note the below map will not display if you are using Internet Explorer as your browser. To view the map, please use Firefox or Microsoft Edge.
6 hours CPD
The seminar meets the educational criteria set by the GDC for verifiable CPD (6 hours) and is certified by the British Dental Association.
If you wish to stay overnight during the event please contact MICE Concierge our appointed hotel booking agency by email firstname.lastname@example.org call 01438 908770.
Full terms and conditions (including cancellation policy)