Thursday 8 December 2022
Partners, team members and non-dental guests are encouraged and welcome to attend this special Christmas event.
19:00 Drinks reception
19:30 Christmas meal and raffle
21:00 Lecture - Gan Dharrie-Maharaj
22:00 End of lecture
Chislehurst Golf Club, Camden Place, Camden Park Road, Chislehurst, Kent BR7 5HJ
|Branch / Section|
Bromley and Beckenham Section
All attendees - £45
If making a group booking or bringing a non-dental guest, please call us to make your booking - 020 7563 4590 - or complete and email the booking form to email@example.com - group bookings and non-dental guests cannot be booked online.
The booking deadline is the morning of Tuesday 6 December 2022 - please provide any dietary requirements by then
- Introduce the concept of Human Factors
- Recognise the effects of Human Factors
- Apply models to everyday practice to improve patient safety.
- Understand what is meant by Human Factors
- Understand how Human Factors affect outcomes
- Understand how application of Human Factors models can reduce risk and adverse outcomes to improve patient safety.
A lecture with the opportunity to ask the speaker questions at the end.
A, B and D
Dr Gan Dharrie-Maharaj
Gan qualified BDS in 1993 at the London Hospital before going on to complete and MSc in Endodontics at Guys Hospital six years later. To further his interest in the Law, he completed an LLM in medical law at Cardiff University in 2012. For over 20, he has been in Endodontic Practice as well as general practice and has produced a number of expert reports related to clinical negligence claims. Gan arrived into the field of Human Factors training five years ago through friends in the Aviation Industry and has applied this training to both his personal and professional lives. Through the entity of Black Box Dentistry, he has delivered training to various Deaneries around the country and to a few enlightened practices who see the benefit of this training for their team.
|How to book / enquiries|
Online - individual bookings only
Login to the BDA website first.
Then use the pink 'Register' button at the top right of this page.
Please note: If you have a GDC number you can use the online system. You do not need to be a BDA member.
If you do not already have a BDA website username and password, fill in the form and we'll set you up with a username and temporary password.
By booking form - email
booking form (word version) to make your booking and return it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Call the Events team on 020 7563 4590 to book over the phone (open Monday to Friday 09:00-17:00).
For registration queries email us at email@example.com.
Full terms and conditions (including cancellation policy)
|Other forthcoming events||Save the dates for the Bromley and Beckenham Section meetings|
- full programme of events 2022-2023
Tuesday 17 January 2023 - Dr Suk Ng
CBCT: is it being over-used? Potential medico-legal concerns
Tuesday 7 February 2023 - Dr Tif Qureshi
The lifetime patient
Thursday 9 March 2023 (NB: changed from 16 March) - Prof Avi Banerjee
Advanced minimum intervention restorative dentistry - a practical solution to manage caries
Tuesday 4 April 2023 - Dr Stephen Henderson
Claims in negligence: To settle or not to settle, that is the question…
Tuesday 9 May 2023 – AGM - Dr Anish Shah
ABC of medical emergencies
|COVID-19 and staying safe||The BDA recommends the below measures to continue to keep attendees safe during this event: |
- We encourage you to take a lateral flow test the evening before you are due to arrive - should your test result be positive, we ask you not to attend
- We encourage the use of face coverings whilst attending the event
- Please sanitise your hands on arrival and continue to sanitise/wash your hands regularly throughout the event
- We encourage social distancing, where possible, whilst moving around the venue
- We offer flexibility to transfer to a future event should you find yourself prevented from attending due to self-isolation or the onset of COVID-related symptoms.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19 (a new, persistent cough; a high temperature; or loss/changes to your sense of taste or smell) we kindly request you do not attend the event, although it is not now a legal obligation to do so.
|Charity for all dentists -|
BDA Benevolent Fund
The charity supporting all undergraduate dental students, dentists and their dependents, living in the UK who are in financial need.