Implants in dentistry
* Please note that online bookings for this event have now closed. If you still wish to attend, the event accepts walk-ins. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday 13 December 2022
18:45 Registration, pizza and drinks
19:30 Start of lecture
21:00 End of event
|Branch / Section||Epsom and Sutton Section|
Bradbury Postgraduate Medical Centre, Epsom General Hospital, Dorking Road, Epsom KT18 7EG
All attendees - Free
Please provide any dietary requirements by Monday 12 December 2022
1 hour and 30 minutes
To give an overview of implant surgery in dentistry.
- To give an overview of implant surgery in dentistry
- To outline the procedure of placing dental implants
- To discuss indications for placement of implants
- To discuss the common complications and pitfalls of implant placement.
|Learning content||A lecture with the opportunity to interact with the speaker.|
Graham Smith is a Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon at St George's Hospital in Tooting. He studied dentistry and medicine at Guy's Hospital and Bristol respectively and practises predominantly around southwest London, treating NHS and private patients at several different hospitals. Graham was also a Fellow at the Sydney Head and Neck Cancer Institute in Australia in 2003 and has a wide range of experience in head and neck malignancies, dentoalveolar surgery, salivary gland disease and surgical dermatology.
|How to book / enquiries|
Online - individual bookings only
Login to the BDA website first.
Then use the pink 'Register' button at the top right of this page.
Please note: If you have a GDC number you can use the online system. You do not need to be a BDA member.
If you do not already have a BDA website username and password, fill in the form and we'll set you up with a username and temporary password.
By booking form - email only
Please complete the booking form (PDF version) or booking form (word version) to make your booking and return it to us at email - email@example.com
Call the Events team on 020 7563 4590 to book over the phone (open Monday to Friday 09:00-17:00).
For registration queries email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full terms and conditions (including cancellation policy)
|Other forthcoming events|
Save the date for the November Epsom and Sutton Section meeting:
Tuesday 8 November 2022 - Speaker: Kia Rezavandi - Face-to-face meeting
Implant provision in the aesthetic zone
|COVID-19 and staying safe|
The BDA recommends the below measures to continue to keep attendees safe during this event:
- We encourage you to take a lateral flow test the evening before you are due to arrive - should your test result be positive, we ask you not to attend
- We encourage the use of face coverings whilst attending the event
- Please sanitise your hands on arrival and continue to sanitise/wash your hands regularly throughout the event
- We encourage social distancing, where possible, whilst moving around the venue
- We offer flexibility to transfer to a future event should you find yourself prevented from attending due to self-isolation or the onset of COVID-related symptoms.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19 (a new, persistent cough; a high temperature; or loss/changes to your sense of taste or smell) we kindly request you do not attend the event, although it is not now a legal obligation to do so.
|Charity for all dentists -|
BDA Benevolent Fund
The charity supporting all undergraduate dental students, dentists and their dependents, living in the UK who are in financial need.