NHS claiming regulations
To book a place on an event you must be logged into the website
If you do not have a BDA website ID, please click here
Email a friend
Email these event details to a friend
NHS Claiming Regulations
Understand the pitfalls and controls and explore the ‘grey’ areas of the NHS regulations with the use of case studies and discussions with experts
Friday 21 June 2019 | LIVERPOOL
"A valuable day - I would highly recommend"
"Practical and relevant topics...excellent speakers"
The NHS claiming regulations are notoriously difficult to interpret. Misunderstanding of these regulations can have serious consequences, leading to risk of major financial losses and possible referral to the GDC.
This interactive one-day course will offer formal training to practitioners who are new to the NHS system and those who require an update with the current system (introduced in 2006).
- Be familiar with the relevant NHS bodies administering and monitoring NHS dentistry
- Understand the legislation behind NHS treatments and claims
- Know how legislation is enforced relating to NHS/private boundaries and submission of forms and data
- Understand the key legal terminology and important definitions within NHS regulations and how these are interpreted
- Understand the pitfalls and controls around NHS regulations
- Know how dentists are monitored by use of data derived from FP17s
- Understand the Dental Assurance Framework, ‘28 day’ investigations and the ‘Powys’ judgement
- Recognise the importance of full and accurate clinical and up-to-date record keeping.
How to book
BDA members can register online
(login/register - see top right of page)
020 7563 4590
By booking form
Print, complete then return a
Full terms and conditions (including cancellation policy)
|Non Member: £195.00
The fee includes refreshments, lunch and all course documentation.
Head of Advice Liaison and Development, BDA
Originally a GDP in the North West, before joining the BDA Dick was a manager with the Dental Reference Service for 24 years. He also spent time as a Clinical Policy Adviser for the DRS where he worked closely with SHAs and PCTs in analysing data and managing risk. He has given evidence at over a hundred disciplinary hearings and has acted as an expert witness at the GDC.
GDP, London and Senior Dento-legal Advisor, BDA
Len is a general dental practitioner, running a seven surgery mixed NHS and private practice in North East London. He is an experienced vocational trainer for the London Deanery, a dento-legal advisor for the BDA and a Dental tutor for Health Education East of England. Len is also lead lecturer for the MA in Dental Law and Ethics at the University of Bedfordshire. He has published "Legal aspects of general dental practice" and co-authored "Understanding NHS dentistry", he writes and presents regularly about legal and ethical issues as well as NHS contractual issues particularly in relation to the NHS contract prototypes. Len is also an ORE examiner.
5½ hours CPD
The training course meets the educational criteria set by the GDC for Verifiable CPD and is certified by the British Dental Association.
If you wish to stay overnight during the event please contact
MICE Concierge our appointed hotel booking agency by
email or call 01438 908770.
Crowne Plaza John Lennon Airport, Liverpool