Dental students can sign up for student membership to get the support and services they need to succeed in their studies.
Student membership is just £2.42 a month
- Students in years 1-4: Membership is £2.42 a month
- Final year students: Student membership was open to new joiners until 30 November 2018, so this rate is now no longer available for final year students. New final year joiners will now pay the full Essential membership fee - £406.
Find out more about our student membership offers.
Am I eligible for BDA student membership?
Student membership is only open to students at UK dental schools studying a BDS or BChD dental degree. The following groups are not eligible for this membership package:
- Dental therapy or hygiene students
- Students on a pre-clinical or international course
- Qualified dentists studying postgraduate courses, for example a Diploma, Masters or Doctorate.
If you are not eligible, please telephone our Membership department on 020 7563 4550 to discuss your membership options.
Sign up to student membership today to enjoy the benefits of BDA membership and the support of your trade union.
Graduate membership offers the benefits of our 'Essential' membership at a reduced rate. If you are a BDA member, graduate membership is less than 45p a day.
Loyalty offer: Join 12 months before graduation and maintain continuous membership to make big savings on graduate membership fees:
- Save £250 in your first year after graduation. Membership only £13 a month / 43p a day
- Save £130 in your second year after graduation. Membership only £24.15 a month / 79p a day
- TOTAL SAVING: £380
If you aren't a BDA member, graduate membership for new joiners is at the Essential rate of £36 a month. Sign up to graduate membership on the Essential rate today.
Senior membership is just £18 per month.
Senior membership offers all the benefits of Essential membership at a reduced rate. These fees can be paid annually, quarterly or monthly. Senior members can save even more money and get a 5% discount by paying their fees annually.
This concession is available to members who have been in membership continuously for at least five years by the time an application for the concession is received AND who:
- Are over the age of 65 OR
- Are no longer on the GDC register, following early retirement.
Sign up today, email email@example.com or call the number below.
Assessment of eligibility for concessionary rates is based solely on the criteria published here and the Association’s decision in this matter is final. We reserve the right to request documentary evidence if necessary in order to make this assessment.
Eligibility for a concession in one membership year does not necessarily imply continuing eligibility for future membership years. Fees can be paid annually, quarterly or monthly.
The membership team will be happy to answer any queries from members relating to concessionary rates. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the number below.