Show your support for National Smile Month
9 May 2019
The BDA is encouraging dentists to support National Smile Month, the campaign run by the Oral Health Foundation to raise awareness of the importance of good oral health.
Dentists and their teams can take part by using their resources, organising activities and getting involved on social media - find out more on their website.
National Smile Month highlights three key messages, to help develop and maintain a healthy mouth:
- Brush your teeth last thing at night and on at least one other occasion with a fluoride toothpaste
- Cut down on how often you have sugary foods and drinks
- Visit your dentist regularly, as often as they recommend.
Tell us what you are doing
Many of our members across the UK get involved in National Smile Month and help to showcase the great work being done in dentistry.
During the month this year, Simon Tiller, a Specialist in Special Care Dentistry is working on an project with Manchester People First a learning disability advocacy group, to test and comment on dental products and how it impacts on their oral health - they will be posting their reviews online.
We'd love to hear about what you and your team are doing for National Smile Month, please get in touch and tell us and we may be able to feature your story on our website.
Working for you
We will continue to campaign for real investment in prevention, to improve people's oral health. If you'd like to be kept up to date with our progress:
- Please ensure your membership details are up to date via your MyBDA and tick the relevant box/es to subscribe to our regular enewsletters.
- Follow our Twitter feed @theBDA
- Help shape the future of the profession: become a representative on our committees
Through our policy and campaigning work, we ensure that the concerns of all sections of the profession are raised and that dentists' voices are heard at a national level.
With each new member, our voice and our influence grows. Add your voice, join today.